General Competition rules
Those little lines of text may be called the "main set of rules for a demoscene computer party". These rules apply equally to every competition. Our rules differ only slightly from other parties, but: they differ. Please read them completly and be sure you have understood them before you participate in any competition.
- Contributions have to be entered before the respective deadlines of the competitions. Deadlines will be announced over the main speakers and you can always check our intranet timetable, which will always be up to date. Our beam-system will also be helpful by displaying comprehensive information.
- Previously released material is not allowed. If you already contributed your entry at some other party or you could not hold back and already released your stuff over the internet before tUM: "Bad luck.". You should not try to trick us, since even if your entry passes the Ultimate Entry Proofing Filter (aka tUEPF[tm]) and gets shown, it will most likely be identified and disqualified before (or even during ;-) the prize-giving ceremony - and that would be embarassing.
- With contributing to a competition, you automatically agree that we'll spread your entry. You should have a look on your file(s) once before you upload them to our ftp or burning them on CD-Rom. Are all the files/filenames the correct ones? Is there a proper file_id.diz included? Better check that out first.
- All contributions for the music, graphics and videocontent compos will be released under a Creative Commons Licence.
The licence can be found here: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/de/deed.en_GB.
Read this, if you need further information about Creative Commons Licences: http://creativecommons.org/about/licenses/how1.
The CCL is not applicable on programmed content.
- A competition may be cancelled if we don't get enough entries for it (less than 3 entries). And on the other hand we may apply preselection to a competition if we have too many entries for it. This depends on the total estimated playing time of the respective competition. If we need to do a preselection, you can be sure that it will be done by a jury of experienced sceners.
- To avoid name voting all single artist competitions will be held anonymously. We will show nothing but an entry number and the title of the work - no artists name! But - all names will be displayed alphabetically at the end of the competition.
- If you like to participate in the music competitions you are not allowed to be registered with a copyright society. This includes (but is not limited to) all member societies of BIEM (take a look at their website for more information).
- Please read the specific rules of the competition you want to participate on how to hand in your entry correctly. After managing this, pack all necessary files as ZIP or LZH file and name this file something like "author_title.zip". Be sure to fill all fields on the intranet-contribution-form.
- We reserve the right to change the competition rules, if necessary.
- Violation of german or international law is prohibited. This particularly includes copyright law! Be sure not to use third party material unless it is freeware or the owner of the copyrights gave you a (written) permission.
- Disregard of the rules will result in disqualification. Of course, there should be plenty of room for discussion between deadline and competition. Nevertheless there is no "right to compete".
Please understand the necessity to set up rules - we don't do this to annoy you. Competitions depend on some kind of standards and therefore, everyone should stick to them. Our effort is to make the compos as fair as possible for everyone. If You have any questions/suggestions, do not hesitate to contact us
questions? suggestions? flames? Don't be shy, use the provided contact form
Sorry, there's no poll at the moment.
View past polls
Knowledge is power! Please subscribe to our newsletter.
Did you know?
...that D.Fox finished the voting tool 5 minutes before the voting deadline?
|We have! Point your
|RSS-Reader here ->
Link back to us!