Music Competition rules
- The composer has to be present at the party personally
- Only one entry per composer and competition allowed
- In case that we will have to apply preselection: disqualified entries will not be spread and will not be votable.
- Maximum allowed playing time is 4 minutes. Tunes that go beyond this limit will be faded out.
- The use of copyrighted material is not allowed
- All contributions for the music, graphics and videocontent compos will be released under a Creative Commons Licence. Look here for more information!
- the entry has to be delivered as .OGG or .MP3 file with at least 160kbit/s average bitrate.
- You will have to provide a list of tools you used in creating your entry. This information will be shown on the bigscreen.
Fixed Style Tracked Music
- IMPORTANT: This year we decided to give a fixed style for this competition, which is "shanty" (seamen/pirate song). Refer to this link, if you don't know what a shanty is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanty
- It's no prerequisite to have any real shanty-vocals in the tune
- the filesize limit is 1.457.664 bytes compressed (ZIP/LHZ, no RAR!)
- .MOD/.S3M/.XM/.IT : replayed with XMPlay (native support)
- .MED/.NST/.STM : replayed with ModPlug Sound System Input Plugin for XMPlay
- .TFM/.TFMX/.TFX : replayed with Winamp2 TFMX player v1.25 Plugin for XMPlay
- This is a cross-platform competition for all available machines (PC, C64, VIC20, Z80 Spectrum, Atari, NES, Amiga ECS...). Please bring special converters with you if your machine does not connect to a standard stereo mini headphone plug.
- The entry has to be delivered as executable program and you'll have to prove that it works on the real machine (e.g. bring it with you and show the organizers)
- Maximum filesize of the executable is 32768 bytes (129 blocks and 2 bytes on C64)
- We won't show any screen contents during the competition
- Maximum allowed pre-calculation time: 30 seconds
- We will provide a C64 for the replaying of SID entries. Please tell us which SID-version you need on the submission form otherwise we will automatically use a 8580 SID
- If possible, provide a MP3/OGG encoded version of your tune
Contactquestions? suggestions? flames? Don't be shy, use the provided contact form.
PollSorry, there's no poll at the moment. View past polls
NewsletterKnowledge is power! Please subscribe to our newsletter.
Did you know?...that this section hasn't been updated in a year?
|We have! Point your|
|RSS-Reader here ->|