Generalthe Ultimate Meeting is a 100% pure demoscene party that's held on an regular basis between christmas and new year's eve.
tUM can look back on an growing history of success. When we started all this in 1999 with a cute little party attended by about 4o visitors in Mannheim/Germany we didn't dare to think of anything big. Nevertheless after some years of silence we stroke back in december 2002 to squeeze 150 sceners of various nationalities into a medium sized hall in Mannheim/Germany. Even people attending "just for fun" (e.g. boozing!) wiped their eyes with surprise when they were faced with compo entries like Planet Loop by Madwizards or the 3d-glasses featured
Real demoscene feeling and carefully selected scene competitions, as well as some unforgetable funcompos (e.g. demo dance revolution or the Beathoven compo) made tUM the ultimate party in every way.
The party starts on Tuesday (December 27th 2005) 13:00 and ends on Thursday (December 29th 2005) 12:00 after the prize giving ceremony.
The entrance fee is 30 Euros. We don't accept foreign currencies. And - we won't sell single-day tickets and girls get in for free. We may offer a reduced entrance fee for people travelling very long distances to visit tUM. To take advantage of this special treatment foreigners have to contact us in advance! Table reservation and/or paying in advance is not necessary.
- plenty of space for all visitors
- big screen with high quality beamer and decent audio equipment
- enough AC for everyone (please, be sure to bring your own power extension sockets!)
- plenty of demoscene competitions various platforms and of course individual artists compos
- free coffee (better bring your own mugs, plastic cups suck!)
- free parking
- pure scene feeling: sceners only - NO GAMERS! (we are not kidding: gamers will be kicked out!)
- rudimentary party network: just as last year we'll equip every row of tables with one or two uplinks to a backbone. Please, bring your own switches/hubs/cables as we can't provide/lend these!
- Hotels with special discount near the partyplace (more info about that soon)
- Cheap food and drinks at the partyplace and nearby. Information on how to find local shops, restaurants and supermarkets will be available at the partyplace
- tUP: the Ultimate Pizzawave (last year's visitors might remember it ;-)
- plus a lot more like: stylish party t-shirts, funcompos...
tUM*o5 house rules
- We are NOT responsible for items you bring to our party getting stolen or damaged. Take care of them yourself and most important: TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF! We are not responsible for accidents caused by your own dumbness/drunkness.
- THIS IS NOT A LAN/GAMING PARTY! Gamers will NOT be permitted entry in order to have more space available for sceners.
- Disturbant individuals causing damage to things or other individuals will be thrown out (no refund of entrance fee) and most likely handed over to the local police. Damages will be charged to the vandalist. So, behave yourself!
- To prevent power failures, please don't bring stuff like: toasters, fridges, any kitchen equipment, heaters or lavalamps ;-) with you. These things are responsible for power failures. Extension sockets that are defect and those without earth contact will be confiscated and destroyed.
- Our visitors will have to respect German law. Illegal actions, especially regarding software piracy, can not be approved of. The consumption of drugs and alcohol is tolerated ACCORDING TO GERMAN LAW and as long as you don't disturb others.
- Prizemoney will be calculated after one simple formula: entrance fees - costs (aka fix costs/damages/cleaning) = prizemoney
If we can not cover all expense there'll be no prizemoney. Complaints will not be accepted.
Contactquestions? suggestions? flames? Don't be shy, use the provided contact form.
PollSorry, there's no poll at the moment. View past polls
NewsletterKnowledge is power! Please subscribe to our newsletter.
Did you know?...that some organizers had a shopping cart crashing contest after tUM*03?
|We have! Point your|
|RSS-Reader here ->|